Before Chemotherapy Treatment:
- Visit dentist for a through restorative dental and periodontal treatment, and extractions of questionable teeth.
- Have the dentist construct a dental tray for the delivery of PRESCRIPTION NEUTRAL FLUORIDE to help prevent future dental cavities.
- Begin using Prescription strength high fluoride toothpaste to use 3x/day.
Continue Fluoride treatments daily
CAUTION: DO NOT USE ACID BASED FLUORIDES!
Begin CloSys mouthwash helps minimize bacterial growth and yeast infections
Alternative : 1 teaspoon salt+ 1 teaspoon baking soda in one large glass warm water… rinse and swish to keep mouth clean and bacteria controlled. The baking soda neutralizes the acid formed from bacteria that attacks the teeth.
CAUTION: DO NOT USE ALCOHOL BASED MOUTHWASH!
Continue Fluoride… this helps lubricate the mouth while at the same time provides the minerals to help the teeth while the saliva not functioning
Treatment of mouth sores; Orabase with local anesthetic provides local relief of pain while protecting the mouth sore
Alternatives: Orajel, Ambesol
Dry mouth treatment Biotene Dry Mouth Paste helps lubricate mouth and provides some enzymes that are normally provided by saliva
Alternatives: OraMoist tablets provide long lasting xylitol which stimulates saliva and inhibits bacterial growth, xylitol mints, gum, or spray found in all pharmacies in the diabetes section, helps with dry mouth and inhibits bacterial growth
- Frequent recall at dentist to find early dental problems
- Neutral fluoride applications with home trays
- Continued use of Flouride to help in mouth lubrication and provide calcium for tooth health
- CloSys mouthwash to inhibit bacteria and yeast to help prevent infections
- Use xylitol products to stimulate saliva and inhibit bacterial growth
- Drink water throughout the day, carry a water bottle and continue sipping to keep mouth moist
- Brush thoroughly after meals to remove all food particles